Thursday, October 16, 2014

Eek!

Alright, um, SINGLE digits!!!

Remember about 90 days ago when I wrote about double digits with much excitement? Ok, then you can imagine how I feel with just NINE days to go!!!  Holy GaMoly!

It's hard (at least for me) not to be a little emotional about everything going on. How rare is it to really find THE one and be genuinely HAPPY?

About a year ago, I was at a wedding with Mike, when the Bride (who I had just met 30 seconds before...) looked around in awe and said to me "These are all my people!".  Seems like such an obvious thing observe (being her wedding, and all), but I've thought about that statement a lot over the last few months.  All "my people" will be in one place, to celebrate us. How does it get any better than that?

We'll miss those who won't be with us next week, and I truly wish they could've joined us. But I was ALSO told when we got engaged, not to be offended by those who decide not to come.  This was easier said than done, as I battled with some hurt feelings for awhile, but the words are true.  I'm over-joyed to celebrate with those who are attending... and feeling humbled by those who are making the trip.  We have our MD peeps... and those traveling from DC, PA, VA, TX and CA! Way to make a girl feel loved. ;)

So, NINE DAYS, people... until the "first day of the rest of my life"!

PS: I know better not to trust it, but I was also able to check out the 10 day forecast today! Taking with a grain of salt, yes, but if it can stay at 64 and Sunny, I'll take it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment